Understand the difference between measurement at amortised cost and at fair value.
A) Amortised cost:
- Understand the concept of amortised cost measurement and the importance of the effective interest rate method.
- Obtain an understanding of how to calculate amortised cost.
B) Fair value:
- Understand the concept of fair value.
- Describe the different valuation techniques and the factors that should be considered in fair value measurement.
- Identify various levels of the fair value hierarchy.
- Explain fair value disclosure requirements under IFRS 13.
- Explaining IFRS 13 disclosure requirements for fair value measurements.
At the end of the e-learning an exam tests your knowledge of the topics discussed during the e-learning.