PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
The continued international development of PRINCE2® examinations, training and course material is contributing significantly to the recognition of PRINCE2® as a truly international standard. The PRINCE2® Foundation introduces the PRINCE2® method whilst the Practitioner teaches how to apply it practically to the running and managing of a project within the PRINCE2® environment.
- Business & projects
- Project management
- Overview of Prince2 processes and components
- Project start-up
- Organisation component
- Business case component
- Project scenarios
- Product-based planning
- Plan component
- The planning process
- Management of risk component
- Initiating a project
- Configuration management component
- Controls component
- Controlling a stage, managing product delivery & managing stage boundaries
- Change control component
- Quality in a project environment component
- Closing a project
- Benefits of Prince2®
The Prince2® certification is run over a period of 5 full days from Monday to Friday.
Ideal candidates should already be working as project managers in an environment that follows some form of structured methodology. If you are not a project manager, you may currently be in another role within the project management team.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone wishing to gain the qualification or requires the understanding of it’s terminology and principles behind the method:
- Individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team managers and support staff
- Project Management Consultants
- Directors/Executives responsible of projects
- Upon successful completion of this course, students would have:
- Gained a basic knowledge and understanding of project management and project-based work.
- Identified the difference between a project and a process.
- Been introduced to the components, elements and processes of Prince2 and the relationships that bind them together.